The Machinima Expo 7 is now accepting submissions for its 7th annual virtual film festival which will take place on November 22 & 23rd, 2014. You can submit your film through our website (Use the SUBMIT link below) from June 1st to Sept 1st, 2014. This year we are expanding the festival to include ALL forms of animation. 2D, 3D, 2.5D or any D you want to create a film in, as long as it’s animation we are interested in seeing what you’ve created. We are primarily interested in animated films that are original and experimental in nature.
5 Simple Rules for submitting your film to the Expo 7
- 1. Your film must have animation in it. Any form of animation. Any length.
- 2. Your film cannot have been submitted to a previous Expo
- 3. If you use copyrighted music in your film we will only consider it for screening NOT for our jury competition.
- 4. You must provide a link from Vimeo or Youtube for us to download your film (you can make it private if you want)
- 5. You will have to fill out our application providing us with contact info, credits and a few snapshots from your film for publicity.
In return, we promise to consider your film carefully and let you know the first week of September, 2014 whether your film has been selected for the Expo 7. Jury Awards (2 machinima, 2 non-machinima + 1 Grand Prize) will be announced at the Expo in November.
Note: if this is your FIRST ANIMATED FILM then you we will automatically screen the film regardless of its merit as part of a special screening reel. This is part of our new FIRST TIME DIRECTORS SERIES. Be sure you indicate that this is your first film when you fill out the submission form.
If you can abide by our 5 Rules, please click the SUBMIT YOUR FILM link below to begin the submission process. We will notify you when your submission is complete